Construction Law and Litigation
The attorneys in Dickinson Bradshaw's Construction Law and Litigation practice have extensive experience representing owners, contractors, construction managers, developers, design professionals, lenders, insurance and bonding companies, suppliers and sureties in all aspects of the construction process, including bidding and document preparation, contract negotiation and formation, contract performance, financing and warranty issues, and OSHA compliance and guidance.
In addition, we handle all aspects of construction-related litigation and dispute resolution of claims, including but not limited to design and construction defects; warranty issues; liens; delay, disruption, and acceleration; declaratory judgment actions on insurance coverage; earth movement; and personal injury. Attorneys in the practice area have tried many cases and participated in the American Arbitration Association and other arbitrations forums.
Our wide-ranging work includes representing, assisting or counseling our construction business clients with regard to:
- Construction contracts and related issues
- Professional liability claims for architects and engineers
- Defective workmanship, warranty, and other claims
- Representing municipalities and private owners in construction litigation
- Mechanic’s liens enforcement and defense
- Iowa Chapter 573 public improvement bond claims and defense
- Mediation and arbitration
- Commercial and residential breach of contract disputes
- Land ownership and land right disputes
- Performance and surety bond claims
- Sales and Use Tax
- OSHA Defense and Consultation
- Funding and financing for construction operations
- Advising on employment issues including Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, National Labor Relations Act, and drug testing
- Commercial property acquisition and disposition
- Real property tax assessment and valuation issues
- Zoning, use variances, subdivision planning
When you retain Dickinson Bradshaw, you are retaining responsive and aggressive advocates who know that our first responsibility is to see that you achieve your goals, effectively and efficiently. Connect with one of our construction attorneys today.