Dickinson Bradshaw's Des Moines, Iowa-based attorneys share 20+ years of education law experience. Dickinson Bradshaw education lawyers have well developed expertise in the law affecting K-12 public and private institutions, community colleges and universities.
Our education lawyers provide guidance to k-12 public institutions on their responsibilities under the open meetings and open records laws, collective bargaining legislation, and teacher and administrator tenure statutes. Our work with public schools frequently requires an analysis of constitutional law principals unique to public education institutions. We assist both private and public schools with teacher licensing and assignment questions, student discipline, IDEA matters, employee policies and practices, open meetings law, and Department of Education regulation matters.
Our education lawyers have experience with advising higher education institutions on Title IX compliance, Clery Act guidelines, equal opportunity and disability matters, management of student employees, constitutional and contract matters, and the drafting and implementation of student and faculty policies. Our experienced employment attorneys also conduct various types of investigations for schools, including employment, Title IX, and Level II investigations.
Whether a k-12 school district, a community college, or a private or public university, many an educational institution is the largest employer and business in its community. Consequently, our firm's work with educational institutions also encompasses the typical business issues confronting any large organization, including purchasing contracts, real estate acquisitions and sales, construction law assistance and litigation, and managing and complying with the terms of federal grants.
- Two New Attorneys Join Dickinson Law
- 23 in 2023: Dickinson Law Attorneys Honored by Best Lawyers®
- Sierra McConnell Joins Dickinson Law
- Longtime Dickinson Attorneys Head Into Retirement
- FERPA and Online Learning Tools: Protecting Student Data When Using Online Learning Applications
- The Revised Title IX Rules Are Becoming Effective — Is Your School Ready?
- Dickinson Law Welcomes Attorney Rob Porter
- Child Custody and Visitation in the Unchartered Territories of COVID-19