The choice of a business organization is one of the earliest and most important decisions facing an entrepreneur. The type of organization affects a business's day-to-day operations, its tax status, and the potential liability of its officers, directors, managers and partners in the event of a lawsuit. Dickinson Bradshaw's business law attorneys take time to learn about clients' new businesses. We carefully explain the pros and cons of each type of business organization available.
Our business clients include limited liability companies (LLCs), corporations, limited partnerships, partnerships, joint ventures, sole proprietorships and cooperatives. After the choice of a business organization has been made, we assist clients in developing business plans, providing tax planning advice, and drafting articles of incorporation, certificates of organization, bylaws, operating agreements, organizational meeting minutes, and shareholder or member agreements.
Once a new business is organized, our attorneys regularly assist the business owners with ongoing needs including filing biennial reports, drafting annual and special meeting minutes, notices, and proxies, and providing general counseling about changes in the law that may impact the business. We also assist our business clients with stock options and other forms of executive compensation, employment and non-competition agreements, shareholder buy-sell agreements, and succession planning.
- 23 in 2023: Dickinson Law Attorneys Honored by Best Lawyers®
- Sierra McConnell Joins Dickinson Law
- Protecting Your Brand with Attorney Stacey Kalamaras: Beyond Juris Ep. 13
- It's All About Latency: The Future of Data Processing and Storage - Podcast Episode #7
- Idea Execution with Justin Brady - Podcast Episode #6
- Jeff Quint from Cedar Ridge: Barrel-Aging Your Start-Up Efforts - Podcast Episode #5
- Trademark Registration Prices Set to Increase in 2021
- From Farmer's Markets to Supermarkets: Podcast Episode #3 Available
- Building a Business: Podcast Episode #2 Now Available
- On Demand: Startup Legal Webinar
- Startup Legal Webinar to Be Held October 8
- Bogart & Soderstrum Join Dickinson Law
- SBA Disaster Business Loans – Iowa Now Designated as Disaster Area
- Startup Presentation Now Available On Demand
- Startup and Fintech Leaders to Present at March 5th Seminar
- Dickinson Law to Host Startup Seminar & Happy Hour March 5th