Banks & Financial Institutions
The attorneys at Dickinson Bradshaw Law provide expertise in a wide array of practice areas including banking, cybersecurity, taxation, employment, education, trusts & estates, real estate, litigation, and family law.
Our attorneys provide a full range of legal and business counseling services to a client base that includes large corporations, small businesses, governmental entities, and not-for-profit organizations with interests in Iowa. You can find a list of industries with an overview and attorneys available below.
The banking law attorneys at Dickinson, Bradshaw, Fowler & Hagen, P.C. counsel more than 90 financial institutions doing business in Iowa. No other Iowa-based law firm has as many banking law attorneys providing legal services to the state’s community banks. The firm is a complete source of legal services for banks and other financial institutions, bankers, and bank directors on a wide range of general legal issues including loan documentation and collection, creditors’ rights, state and federal regulatory services, banking mergers and acquisitions, branch sales and purchases, corporate restructuring, employment counsel, buy-sell and shareholder agreements, redemptions, capital raising, securities law, succession and strategic planning, new products and services, intellectual property, legislative services, and litigation in state and federal court. We also strive to anticipate the future needs of Iowa’s financial institutions and take seriously our responsibility to stay on top of developments in the industry and communicate relevant information to our clients.
Dickinson Bradshaw’s Banking Law Group is led by Howard Hagen, who formerly served as general counsel to the Iowa Division of Banking and currently serves as general counsel to the Community Bankers of Iowa.
For more information about the firm’s experience with and services for banks and financial institutions, please contact Howard Hagen.
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Unauthorized Wire Transfers: On Demand Master Class Now Available
- Dickinson Law Ranked by Chambers USA Among Leading Law Firms
- What Do Businesses Need to Know About Recent Bank Failures?
- Details of the Federal Reserve Board Bank Term Funding Program
- Register for our 2023 Banking Law Seminar
- "Blanket Ag Liens" Have Holes
- “Bank Error in Your Favor” Only Works in Monopoly
- Blog Series: Offering Bank-Owned Life Insurance to Key Employees
- Iowa Banking Act Reflects the “New Normal”
- Did Iowa’s Lending Limit Get Easier to Understand?
- Blog Series: Finally, Fintech Investment in Iowa
- 23 in 2023: Dickinson Law Attorneys Honored by Best Lawyers®
- Blog Series: Administration of the Division of Banking Changed by New Law
- Blog Series: Regulatory Relief is Provided for Iowa Banks
- Window of Opportunity: Banking Law Seminar Agenda Announced
- Blog Series: New Law Impacts Requirements for Bank Mergers and Dissolutions
- Blog Series: Changing Bank Control and the New Iowa Notice Requirements
- Attorney John Lande Featured on Cybercrime Magazine Podcast
- After a Wire Transfer, That’s Not Your Money Anymore
- Dickinson Ranked Among Leading Law Firms by Chambers USA 2022
- Will Cyber Insurance Be There When You Need It?
- Registration is Open for the 2022 Banking Law Seminar
- Mandated Vaccination under Executive Order 14042: Are Depository Institutions Covered?
- The Iowa Business Corporation Act & the Impact on Community Banks
- On Demand: 2021 Banking Law Virtual Seminar
- Chambers USA 2021 Recognizes Dickinson Lawyers and Practices
- Mark Your Calendar for the 2021 Banking Law Virtual Seminar
- Community Bank Alert: FDIC’s Brokered Deposit Rule
- On Demand: 2020 Banking Law Webinar Series
- Bogart & Soderstrum Join Dickinson Law
- The 2020 Banking Webinar Series Starts Today!
- Hurricane Winds in the Midwest Spur Questions of Premises Liability and Damage Control
- Dickinson Law’s COVID-19 Banking Survey Results
- Register for the 2020 Banking Law Webinar Series
- Looming LIBOR Transition: Bank Planning Should Start Now
- Feds Turn Back Time: Notification of Relief from Certain COBRA and HIPAA Deadlines and Timeframes Due to COVID-19
- On Demand Webinar: Cyber Law and Insurance - Surviving an Incident
- On-Demand Webinar for Lenders: COVID-19 – Dealing with Agricultural and Commercial Loans
- Interpretation of "Material Adverse Change" in the Era of COVID-19
- Iowa Supreme Court Rules Secured Creditor Entitled to Refund for Co-op Storage and Drying Costs
- Webinar: COVID-19 – Dealing with Agricultural and Commercial Loans
- On Demand Webinar: COVID-19 Relief Options and Your Business
- Hemp is Now Legal in Iowa
- Another Round of Direct Payments to Farmers are Likely in Wake of COVID-19 Pandemic as Farmer Sentiment Declines Steeply
- Federal Banking Regulators Issue Community Bank Leverage Guidance in Accordance with CARES Act
- COVID-19: Fraudsters Want Your Payroll Protection Program Money
- COVID-19: SBA Releases Final Payroll Protection Program Rules
- Loan Modifications During COVID-19 – Recording Made Easy
- Commercial Loan Defaults Affected by COVID-19
- Different Definitions of "Son or Daughter" Under EFMLA & EPSL: Differences Not Addressed by the DOL
- COVID-19: DOL Clarifies EFMLA / FMLA Interplay
- On Demand Webinar: Mandated Emergency Leaves – Employers with Less Than 500 Employees
- Webinar: COVID-19 Mandated Emergency Leaves: Employers with Less Than 500 Employees
- COVID-19: Tax Filing Date & Payment Extension, Tax Credits for Paid Leave, and NEW Stimulus Payments
- SBA Disaster Loans – What Constitutes a Small Business
- SBA Disaster Loans – Eligibility and Filing Requirements
- SBA Disaster Business Loans – Iowa Now Designated as Disaster Area
- Building a Winning Cybersecurity Program: Where Does Leadership Start?
- On Demand Webinar: Avoiding Aggravation in Ag Lending - 2020 Edition
- Cannabis Banking: Dickinson attorneys to present at Community Bankers of Iowa Leadership Conference
- Join Us for a Webinar: Avoiding Aggravation in Ag Lending 2020
- Webinar: Join us for Avoiding Aggravation in Ag Lending - 2020 Edition
- FinCEN Changes SAR Guidance in Wake of USDA Rules Update
Associated Practice Areas
Attorneys of the Des Moines-based Dickinson Bradshaw Law Firm have been serving clients throughout the state of Iowa since 1937.